Arricano Real Estate Plc held a grand opening of SEC Prospect
December 6, 2014, Kiev. Arricano Real Estate Plc held a grand opening of SEC Prospect, the soft opening of which was on September 25.
Arricano seeks tofill the mall with the most interesting and affordable for the Ukrainian customer brands, new advanced formats of their stores, as well as to bring new global brands to the Ukrainian market.
Mikhail Merkulov, Chief Executive Officer of Arricano Real Estate: “Residents of the left bank of Kyiv, in particular of Dneprovskiy and Darnytskyi districts, which are not that rich in retail facilities of high quality, have long needed a place for good shopping and leisure, which actually SEC Prospect is. Literally, this facility is a hallmark not only for those living on the left bank of Kyiv, but for the whole city. First, it is the only large SEC opened in Ukraine in the second half of the year; second, SEC Prospect has a unique tenant mix: the largest on the left bank of Kyiv 7 screen cinema – Multiplex for 1500 visitors, the largest in Ukraine Gloria Jeans shop, the first in a Ukrainian mall MANGO megastore, all 5 shops of LPP fashion-group including the first in Kyiv SinSay store, children’s entertainment center Fly Park with lots of active amusement rides, anchor hypermarket AUCHAN. Two systems of interactive navigation operate for the customers’ accommodation – Wayfinder and QROK, the latter being an exclusive partner of Google in Ukraine and it is our SEC that it has been first launched in.”
Unique tenant-mix for the left bank of Kyiv:
- The first in Kyiv and the third in Ukraine SinSay store of the largest Poland’s fashion-group, LPP. LPP is Prospect’s anchor tenant, all its 5 brands are represented in the stores occupying around 3000 sq.m. of total area: Reserved (1331 sq.m.), Mohito (438 sq.m.), Cropp Town (439 sq.m.), House (GLA – 395 sq.m.), SinSay (358 sq.m.)
- The largest in Ukraine Gloria Jeans store with the area of 970 sq.m.
- New format of MANGO – megastore has been opened not under a franchise, but by direct investments of the brand owner, Spain’s groupPunto Fa S.L. The first megastore of this brand opened within a SEC in Ukraine. MANGO in SEC Prospect occupies 506 sq.m., it will host classic MANGO woman fashion line, as well as MANGO Kids clothing.
- New format of СOLIN‘S store is the first in Kyiv.
- One of the largest in Kyiv McDonald’s restaurants with total area of 700 sq.m. with a McDrive.
Entertainments – the largest cinema on the left bank, children’s entertainment center with active amusement rides and at affordable prices:
- A 7 screen cinema Multiplex, the largest on the left bank of Kyiv and the second-biggest in Ukraine, can accommodate over 1400 visitors, its area is 3 500 sq.m.
- Children’s entertainment center Fly Park occupies 1607 sq.m., it is conditionally divided into two zones:for kids between 1 and 5 years old, for children aged 5-12 years. What makes Fly Park special are various active amusement rides rather than electronic machines. Among these are trampolines, bicycles, scooters, ride-ons, playpits, and Maxi-D cinema with a movie program that will be first presented in Kyiv. A significant advantage of the children’s entertainment center is the affordable pricing policy: admission price for kids on business days is 80 UAH, on weekends – 100 UAH, parents are allowed free of charge.
Extensive tenants list
Fashion stores, shoe and accessories shops: MANGO, Gloria Jeans, Women’s Secret, Springfield, Welfare, Arber, Vaismann, Luxoptica, Milavitsa, Munchen, Paco Lorente, Pierre Cardin, Levi’s, Intertop, Pandora, Colin’s, Wittchen, Deka, Zolotoy Vek (The Golden Age), Tob Max, Conte, TOSCANA; perfume and cosmetics shops: Yves Rocher, Beyond, BOMOND, household store JYSK, kids goods stores: Detskiy Mir (The Childrens’ World), Bembi; PLANETTOYS toy shop, droggerie-shop Watsons, household appliances stores: Foxtrot Household Appliances, ALLO.
Cafes and restaurants: Sushiya, Yapona Khata Salateira, Chicken Hut, Frecheza, McDonald’s, Varenichnaya Pobeda (The Varenik Victory).
Technological advantages of the SEC:
- Total area of anchor hypermarket AUCHAN is 11 000 sq.m. Within the SEC Prospect project, AUCHAN was Arricano’s partner and for the first time in Ukraine it financed the construction of the hypermarket on its own. It has an unusual location – on the second floor of the mall. And one can get inside both from the roof parking and via a travelator from the parking located directly under the hypermarket. The proximity to such a large anchor tenant immediately strengthens the positions of all the 2nd floor sales areas, provides for “looping” of the shopper traffic and excludes the possibility of ‘dead zones’, and ensures the same good store traffic in all shops in SEC Prospect.
- Two systems of interactive indoor-navigation operate in SEC Prospect – Wayfinder and QROK. Wayfinder is installed in the mall corridors on interactive displays, all visitors have access to it, it is hard not to see it, and it is easy to use – just select the necessary object on the display and the program will draw the best way to it in a few seconds. QROK is a system of mobile online-navigation for Android and iOS users. QROK is the first and the only service in CIS that has officially become a partner of Google Corporation, and SEC Prospect is the first project in Ukraine whereQROK is available. The project has been developed by a team of Ukrainian IT-developers, Snaigo (Odessa). The service has the rights to use the whole range of location-based Google technologies, which allows provide perfect navigation services quality. QROK enables prompt search for goods and services offered nearby, find the best possible route to a shop or a café, and track information on interesting offers of shops and brands; thus it helps users save their time for looking for the needed items.
- Pop-up store Marathon: the format gives the mall a possibility to make use of vacant premises and gain income from them, at the same time the tenant gets the opportunity of a “test” acquaintance with the SEC. Arricano believes that such a format of cooperation between a retailer and the mall leads to further signing a long-term leasing agreement and results in opening a full featured store.
- Commercialization implemented by JLL: Systematic work with public zones, advertising planes, and holding commercial events allows the lessor increase net operating income from 4% to 11% per year. For the tenants of the main gallery, commercial events are an additional news topic, which allows generate a large flow of shoppers, and the systematic work on public zones is a stabilizing factor as it excludes competiveness in terms of assortment and gives additional opportunities for promotion.